Kalle Rovanperä and Jonne Halttunen are the World Rally Champions for the second year in a row!
The World Rally Champion title came again to Finland this weekend when Kalle Rovanperä and Jonne Halttunen finished second in Central European Rally. The championship fight was driven between Kalle Rovanperä and his teammate Elfyn Evans.
Rovanperä was relieved and happy at the finish line:
– I am feeling really good. I think this year is for me personally more important than last year. The competition was tighter, we did a really good job. Biggest thanks goes of course to Jonne, he is the world’s best also as a co-driver. The team is the best, so big thank you to the team. Everybody was supporting us. My family and of course my good friends also. It’s nice, I cannot say much more. I’m gonna enjoy this one more than the first one.
The list of Finnish World Rally Champions:
- Ari Vatanen (1): 1981 (Ford)
- Hannu Mikkola (1): 1983 (Audi)
- Timo Salonen (1): 1985 (Peugeot)
- Juha Kankkunen (4): 1986 (Peugeot), 1987, 1991 (Lancia), 1993 (Toyota)
- Tommi Mäkinen (4): 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 (Mitsubishi)
- Marcus Grönholm (2): 2000, 2002 (Peugeot)
- Kalle Rovanperä (2): 2022, 2023 (Toyota)
AKK and Secto Rally Finland send their biggest congratulations to Kalle and Jonne!